Tuesday 19 January 2016

2016 Aims

I've never been particularly organised but I am one for writing lists... many, many lists. I started putting together a list of things I'd quite like to have achieved by the end of 2016.
The one thing I am pretty good at when it comes to making lists is being realistic. I know there is very little chance of flying to the moon, or becoming rich beyond my wildest dreams, but that's no reason to not have dreams and ambitions! (That being said I have no intention on flying to the moon)
Here is what I have written down, I'll add to it and cross things out as we progress through the year.
  • Pass theory test
  • Past driving test
  • Get a car  
The above three are obviously all related to each other, I just really wanna get driving. As soon as I get on the road a lot of opportunities open up for us, I could take Emily on loads of exciting journeys!
  • Move back into town. This won't matter as much when I finally pass my driving test but it would be a lot nicer to be living closer to our family.
  • Get a new sofa. Mine is an absolute state, completely covered in stains (ok, I have since got a 'new' sofa, but it's got a few rips and tears in the leather so I'm still searching)
  • Sign Emily up with a dentist. I understand I'm meant to do this when she reaches the ago of two but we do make sure her little teeth are brushed everyday.
  • Get a rug for the living room. YES, I need a rug. Every single day Emily grabs a fleece throw and comes over saying 'Help me' until we put it on the floor just like a rug. I think if we actually have one we'd both be happy.
  • Potty train... Now I realise I have to wait until Emily is ready, but I think she's getting pretty close to it. I mean she HATES sitting on the potty, but she tells us when she is wet or dirty and likes to be changed pretty often.
  • Do a course or learn something new. Being a full time mum is the best thing in the world, I get to spend everyday with her, but that also means I get very little time to do my own thing. I really want to learn something new, I'm considering doing acrylic or gel nails, I'd probably teach myself to start off with and buy everything piece by piece.
  • Buy Emily her school jumper. I genuinely can't believe that pre-school is right around the corner, there is a uniform for them but they don't have to wear it in pre-school. I think most of the children there wear the uniform though so I'll get it for Emily so she's not the only one without it. She's going to look so smart!
 Places and things for us to do as a family
  • Zoo. Em knows a lot of animals now so the next time we go should be a lot more fun!
  • Beach. I've not actually taken Emily to the beach yet, I was worried about her eating the sand or going to close to the water. Plus train tickets aren't exactly cheap and I never let myself ruin Emily's routine and she's not having daytime naps now so we should be able to go this year.
  • Farm. Piggies, cows and sheep, how can that not be fun!
  • Indoor play areas. We don't go to many, and a new one has opened near Emily's nanny's house so there are plenty of excuses to go to this one.
  • Holiday. I'm not quite sure we'd be able to do a holiday this year due to funds, but it's nice to think about.
  • Fireworks. I wanted to take her to the fireworks this year but they started at Emily's bedtime and she was zonked that night.
  • Swimming. Last time we went Emily wasn't too keen, so I plan to take her more often so she starts to enjoy it.
  • Peppa Pig World. Peppa is one of Emily's favourite things to watch, she's even learned many words and songs purely from this show. It cracks me up every time I hear her singing 'I'm a wigg-ey worm, I luff oo, how do you do, I'm a wigg-ey worm' so precious!
  • Picnic. Who doesn't love picnics?!!
  • Santa. Following the recent holiday Emily now calls Santa 'Christmas', so I think she'll love to visit him this year.
This year I feel Emily can understand a whole lot more and can enjoy many of the activities she couldn't last year, Here's to a great 2016!!

See you soon
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment