Tuesday 12 January 2016

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Review and Swatch

Firstly I must say that all views shared are my own and I have purchased all myself.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure nail polish is a little bottle that does everything in one. No need for a base coat or a topcoat and it also strengthens and helps nail growth. It always has a lovely finish and a decent size wand that doesn't leave any stoke marks on the nail providing you have enough coats. I find it dries rather quick when you apply two coats, this is a must when I use nail polish as my little girl doesn't let me sit down for too long. I guess it's quite a thick consistency but as long as you remove the excess from the wand before applying it, it really is manageable.
I have nine shades to share with you today (nine shades and ten nails, that's handy! Although I will change the swatches to full hand pictures when I actually wear it) and I've found them in Superdrugs, Wilkinsons and some I was shocked to find in Poundworld!

110 Wedding Glitters. A lovely gold and silver shade with glitters. I bought it thinking it was more silver but when I got home and used it I see it as mainly gold with gold and silver glitters, to be honest I think it's one of those that change in the light, I want to say iridescent? Please correct me if I'm wrong...  I am wearing two coats and I feel it's needed with this shade or it can look a tad streaky.




160 Shell We Dance. It is a very sheer pink, very natural and wears as a nude. Personally I love it as it gives of a very elegant finish, almost like a barely there colour but also really beautiful. In the pictures below I am wearing three coats as I like the opaque look but even one or two coats is enough for a touch of colour to your nails


320 Earl Gray. This is the first of two grey colours I have for you today. This is the paler one of the two and works better with my yellow under-toned skin. I don't really have much to say about this colour, I like it and it goes with practically anything! I am wearing 3 coats, it's fine with two just needed an extra one for a more solid finish.



372 Greige. I have no idea why this is called greige, I don't see any beige like shades in this at all but that's just me. This is the darker grey which I think makes my hands look ill (sounds odd I know) I only needed two coats of this for my desired finish but I think this is one of my least favourite shades.




639 Scarlet Fever. A deep, deep, blue toned red, quite an autumnal colour I'd say but it is rather dark. In fact I wouldn't call it scarlet as there isn't any orange in it at all. To be honest I didn't expect the colour to look so dark on the nails, I personally think the bottle makes the shade look slightly lighter than it is. This colour didn't stain my nails much only where my nail had broke. I used two coats, might have been able to get away with one but put another coat on anyway.




660 Pat on the Black. Obviously from the name it's a black shade, although I bought it because I thought it looked like a deep purple in the bottle. I don't get on well with dark nail colours as my hands are so pale but I wanted to chance it. When applying it you can actually see the purple with the first coat but it doesn't seem to photograph well at all, I will insert it but it just looks black. Unfortunately I very much doubt I'm ever going to wear this nail polish, it is just too dark for me.Two coats was enough.



826 Pique side. This is a lovely dark mint green colour with tiny gold specks that are barely noticeable. I love it. That's all I need to say. Two coats although I feel I should have added a third.




831 Cute-ture. What a cute name for a nail varnish, it's so princess-y. This is almost a Barbie pink colour, it makes me think of bubble gum.On my nails I think it looks a teeny bit orange toned, but I still really like it. Three coats was needed for an opaque finish.


843 Moulin Rose. A beautiful colour, a dark pinky colour with tiny glitter specks that I'm pretty sure are pink. If I'm honest I can see more beige in this than in the greige polish, A very pretty colour, it'll go with almost anything and can definitely be used for events and occasions. Three coats are needed for this finish as it's quite sheer. This picture is actually after washing up with no gloves, it held out pretty well!!


They wear for a few days without chipping, maybe not ten like they claim but a good four or five. Although expect a little more chipping if you don't wear gloves when you wash up, trust me I know!! They seem to average around £7 but like I said I found some in Poundworld so have a look around you might find your own little bargain!!

See you soon
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment